Browns Ferry Nuclear Unit 3 EPU Modifications
Selected project examples
Client: Tennessee Valley Authority
Location: Browns Ferry Unit 3
Project Duration: 2009 - 2011
Project Value: approx. $30M
Contract Method: Target Price
Engineer, procure and construct (EPC) services for Extended Power Uprate (EPU)
Williams was responsible for all facets of project management, including work order planning, scheduling, field engineering, and project controls and reporting. Engineering services were provided through our subcontractor Sargent & Lundy.
The physical work included:
- Installation of a new Demineralizer vessel and associated piping, electrical and I&C
- Replacement of 3 Condensate Pump impellers and motors
- Miscellaneous smaller EPU modifications
- Various Instrumentation and Controls modifications
- Modifications and updates to all engineering documents
- Levelized the workforce while still optimizing budget and schedule.
- Increased and decreased both staff and craft as needed to match the workload.
- Williams developed an equipment plan that included use of cranes that was not previously considered by the client, resulting in easier and safer rigging of major components, time savings, and improved efficiency in the use of the Turbine Building Overhead Crane.
- Zero OSHA recordables.
- Zero Human Performance events.
- Project completed ahead of schedule and under budget